Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's cookin'

Sorry, I had to! I've been cooking/baking up a storm recently, despite the lack of wonderful, delicious cheese in my life, maybe even because of it. I don't want to have to cave just because I was lazy about thinking through my food options, you know? So, recently, GP and I have enjoyed dinners including bourbon-glazed salmon, chicken and dumplings (prepared in the awesome kitchen that was in our Tahoe rental a couple weekends ago), and pulled pork. The slow cooker? Is completely wonderful, and the meat was falling right off the bone, begging to be shredded and devoured. GP has done a pretty good job of that, because he's quite the team player. I've been busy with some baking, too-- first, some Thin Mint cupcakes (yes, I even cut some of the cookies into little wedges), and then, to be extra-festive, some Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's buttercream frosting (sans ganache filling, because I don't want to give my poor coworkers the sugarbetes). Aren't they adorable?

Been on any cooking adventures recently?

4 comments:

EP said...

You have been on WAY more cooking adventures than I have recently. ... Can you mail me one of those cupcakes? If they taste as good as they look, they'll be heavenly.

Lindsay said...

I'm very impressed by your frosting application. Very professional :)

Lacey Bean said...

Oh man those cupcakes look amazing!! Well I made hamentashen (on my blog) last week for Purim, and tomorrow I'm making black forest cookies to bring to my future mother-in-laws house for dinner on Sat. Yum!!

Needless to say I bake far more often than I cook!

Lexilooo said...

ooh, I think I need to make each recipe you mention! they sound so good, and there is a box of thin mints in my freezer as we speak! I've actually been thinking about making chicken and dumplings anyway, so funny that you posted about them

last night I made strawberry filled pancakes for dinner. it isn't as impressive as it sounds, bc I had the proper pan from williams sonoma, but they were delish!