Thursday, May 22, 2008

Domestic goddess

Because I couldn't be bothered to be PT today, I figured I would earn my Girl Points by whipping up a fantastic dinner that did not consist of hot dogs (my immediate response when GP asked what we had for dinner). Rather, I concocted this, which was my first foray into the world of frying things in my own kitchen. All in all, it was pretty successful-- despite the fact that I got to experience My Very Own First Grease Fire. Yes, friends, olive oil will ignite if you try to tidy up with a paper towel when the burner is still on. I can't say that I recommend it. Oh, and you know there was an apron involved...I have ruined far too many shirts being spattered by wayward pan contents.

This weekend will be mercifully cooking-free, I believe, but more on that later. I am way too busy drinking wine to talk about the laundry-list of things that will be done this weekend.

8 comments:

Teacher Pursuits said...

At least you did not pour water on le grease fire!! :) HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Tipp said...

Gosh! Grease fires are so scary to me! I always seem to panic!

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me yet:)

We have black appliances (nightmares!) and I always clean up splatter while I'm cooking.

L Sass said...

Uff! Glad you didn't burn the house down!

Have a great weekend.

Mom gone stag. said...

I've surprisingly have never experienced a grease fire!

Thanks for the comment, I am too designed challenged.

XO,
L

EP said...

A grease fire!? Seriously?

I would have totally freaked out and not been able to take care of it because whenever I freak out, I cannot think clearly.

So kudos to you for taking care of it. AND frying things in your kitchen. Isn't it fun? And doesn't your apartment smell like fried goodness?

Mega said...

Looks delish. Did you wear a funny hat?

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Hahahaha! That sounds AWFUL.